Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Three things I'm happy/thankful about

I'm going to reinstate my "three things I'm happy for" list, something I did in high school mostly out of boredom.  I say "my" but I'm pretty sure I copied it off of somewhere back then, I just can't remember where exactly.

Frankly, I've been quite sad lately and I can't say why. So positive psychology, do your magic.

1) I am thankful for Tina Fey. She is just so gorgeously, ridiculously funny. I wish I could just steal all her jokes.
2) Flat3; a web series about three Chinese Kiwi girls who are around 25, all living together and trying to find their way in the world. Kind of like Girls/Sex in the City but different. Very funny stuff.
3) looking at old photos of trips. Even though you KNOW that you are having more fun recalling the moment than living in it, nostalgia has that power. Sometimes it's okay to let it win and completely distort your reality a bit. "Gosh! I really did have such a blast posing in front of that historic windmill! Golly! I wish I could go back!"

No comments:

Post a Comment