Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Finland !

After listening to a LOT of Architecture in Helsinki this summer, I have realized that I know absolutely NOTHING about Finland. The only thing I know is that Helsinki is the capital, and they speak Finnish there. That's about it. (I blame grade 9 geography).

So in my attempt to become removed from my state of ignorance, I have decided to list Five Facts about Finland that I didn't know before. Of course, this won't be too hard, considering that I am as clueless about Finland as Miss Carolina is about worldly affairs.

Fun Fact about Finland (take note of the awesome alliteration!).

#1 Lapland, Finland is the home of the real Santa Claus. Apparently there's an amusement park called Santapark where children go and help santa claus make presents or whatever.

#2 Donald Duck comics were banned in Finland because he doesn't wear pants.

#3 I love you = Minä rakastan sinua

#4 Finland was the first European country to give right to vote for women (huzzah)

#5 The language of the elves in Lord Of The Rings, is based on Finnish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment